Wheather you have just moved into a new home or have been settled in for years, it is important to keep up with termite prevention. Here are some tips to prevent termites from infesting your home:
- Identify and fix all water leaks in your home, both internal and external.
- Remove any brush or heavy growth from around your home.
- Eliminate any standing or pooling water from around your home.
- Store all excess building materials and firewood away from the house.
- Use treated lumber for any wooden structures that will have direct contact with the ground.
- Avoid using mulch near home.
- Never bury waste lumber or wood scraps in your yard.
- Remove any dead tress, old stumps, or roots in your yard.
- Seal any cracks or holes within the foundation of your home.
- Make sure your home is properly ventilated, including attic and internal crawl space areas.
- Periodically, get your home inspected for termite damage. A once-a-year inspection can save your home with early detection. If termites are not found in the home, our specialist can at least offer recommendations to help you prevent an infestation.